ASOS FACE + BODY.


Hello friends, so a couple off days ago I was invited to the Asos fair and body event in Covent Garden. I attended the event with my good friend Georgie and met some other lovely influencers on the day too! I also have a short vlog if you want to watch it HERE. 



I actually heard about this event via my good friend on Instagram Georgie, who is a fellow influencer and advocates for men in the makeup industry and more diversity in the industry which is something I adore about him, we've been dying to meet and he was only in London that day and I had to make an appearance.

The event was held in Covent Garden just behind Tkmaxx just 2 minutes walk from the station in a warehouse which had been turned in what you can describe as a space for art and expression.

the rooms were decorated so uniquely. The was the wall of fringes which was by far the most bizarre of the bunch, the golden ball pit, the a room filled with balloons which had water in them and corridors of lights!







*I didnt get a picture of the hair wall but its in my video*

downstairs they had a wall which was full of goodie bags that we could go into each of the cubby holes and grab ourselves some goodies.



in my Bag I got:






Down stairs they also had food, of which I couldn't eat but I appreciated all the same and had flavoured water!





After looking around for a little big we headed downstairs to look at all the beauty products they stock and some of their new products too! Here is where I was introduced to their own line of makeup while at this event and I must say their products watched very well and looked promising.

I took the liberty of emailing Stephanie who was the coordinator of the event that day and I asked her a coulee of questions regarding the ASOS own brand and makeup here is what she said:


Q: Is the ASOS beauty range cruelty free and/or vegan? I wanted to include this because a few of my readers either use only cruelty free or vegan makeup

A: ASOS firmly believes that it isn’t acceptable for animals to suffer in the name of fashion or cosmetics. All the ingredients used in ASOS own-label beauty products are checked for safety and compliance with regulations. To ensure that they are safe, our products have been tested by cosmetic scientists using analytical laboratory tests and then are manufactured following international standards of best practice. It is illegal to test any cosmetic product or ingredient for use in cosmetics on animals in the EU. Some countries still require animal testing to be carried out for cosmetic products and it is ASOS policy never to sell our ASOS Make-Up products in countries that require animal testing. We’re not currently certified as cruelty-free but it’s a priority for us. As we speak we’re working with our suppliers and Cruelty Free International to achieve their ‘Leaping Bunny’ certification (which is the highest standard available) in the very near future. Watch this space!

Q: When will the collection be available to order?

A: he collection will be available around 25th Sept and we have lots of exciting plans for new products in the future so watch this space!


She was also nice enough to include a chart highlighting which products where vegan and which where vegetarian friendly. so here you go guys!


Vegan 
Vegetarian
- ASOS Satin Lipstick in Unbridled
- ASOS Satin Lipstick in Owned
- ASOS Satin Lipstick in Unarmed
- ASOS Matte Liquid Lipstick (all shades)
- ASOS Lip Liner Pencil (all shades)
- ASOS Eyeshadow Palette in Strong
- ASOS Liquid Pen Eye Liner
- ASOS Liquid Eye Liner (all shades)
- ASOS Eye Liner Twist Up (all shades)
- ASOS Bronzer (all shades)
- ASOS Eyebrow Palette (all shades)
- ASOS Chubby Highlighter Stick in Tenacious
- ASOS Blusher in Unbothered
- ASOS Contour Trio Palette (all shades)
- ASOS Translucent Finishing Pressed Powder
- ASOS Mascara
- ASOS Satin Lipstick in Unbridled
- ASOS Satin Lipstick in Owned
- ASOS Satin Lipstick in Unarmed
- ASOS Matte Liquid Lipstick (all shades)
- ASOS Lip Liner Pencil (all shades)
- ASOS Eyeshadow Palette in Strong
- ASOS Liquid Pen Eye Liner
- ASOS Liquid Eye Liner (all shades)
- ASOS Eye Liner Twist Up (all shades)
- ASOS Bronzer (all shades)
- ASOS Eyebrow Palette (all shades)
- ASOS Chubby Highlighter Stick in Tenacious
- ASOS Blusher in Unbothered
- ASOS Contour Trio Palette (all shades)
- ASOS Translucent Finishing Pressed Powder


So here is a little preview of ASOS' new beauty products. 







First of all I think the packaging is super cute! I love the very simple pink with little illustrations showing what they're for! also of the products that I watched they seemed pigmented and the lipsticks felt very soft and buttery, unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the swatches but they did swatch well. a couple the lipsticks I didn't like much just because the colour wasn't for me and came out quite patchy but Im looking forward to doing a full review of their products. 




No comments:

Post a Comment