COLOURPOP COSMETICS: SUPERSHOCK SHADOW AND BLUSH & ULTRA MATTE LIP REVIEW/FIRST IMPRESSIONS



I’ve been curious about Colourpop Cosmetics for some time now and have been meaning to make an order but just never got around to it because 1. I didn't know what I want but I also knew what I wanted... makes sense? 2. the shipping internationally is insane and 3. the customs charges are insane too (we'll get to that in a bit). Every time I went onto their website I’d end up having too much in my cart (not that I'm complaining) and that would cost me way too much for a student on a student loan budget. Colourpop make great quality and affordable products and is cruelty free and vegan which is a all the wins in my book. 

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to treat myself because I haven't been feeling 100% and I don’t regret it one bit and wish id ordered sooner (as we speak I'm making another order in!). I got five super shock shadows, 1 super shock blush and 2 ultra-matte liquid lipstick 


The shadows:

 The shadows are a cream-powder hybrid formula that blends nicely through the crease. All the shades have good pigmentation and apply smoothly. All the shadows and the blush can be applied either using your fingers or a brush, although I find that using your finger to apply and then blending with a brush is the best way. The shadows are long wearing but if you do have oily eyelids then they might slide ever so slightly but not too much and if you put a base down it shouldn't at all. There is minimal creasing with the shadows and it applied very evenly and easily. My personal favourites are Central Perk and Partridge because I 1. I don’t have a shadow as deep of a red as central perk and 2. partridge is it's own unique colour which I don't own.

Shop: Satin pink tones peach with subtle gold glitter


Melrose : Matte warm orange brown

Paradox: warm Burgundy with subtle purple duo chrome 

Central Perk: Deep purple with blue-gold reflect


Partridge: Olive green with brown undergone and silver-gold duo chrome


Colourpop recommends applying the eyeshadows directly with your fingers or with a synthetic brush to get the most colour pay-off because of the creamy formula. I will say that they do apply better with synthetic bristle brushes. Others are best applied with your fingers such as partridge to get the most colour pay off and full duo chrome effect.

I definitely prefer their mattes shadows above their metallic because I've never been a metallic or glitter fan. All 5 shades are wearable for everyday (even the darker colours if you use a little bit at a time) and these would be a great start for makeup beginners. I do think that their kits are good too if you want to start somewhere and don't know which shadows to go for yet.


The Blush
Quarters: satin finish peach blush with gold reflects




The ultra matte liquid lipstick 

Creeper: true red with a blue undertone
Friday: super opaque carbon black.


The formula is very thin and lightweight, which can be both a good and bad thing as I found out the other day when applying Creeper and I accidentally turned the tube upside down and it all came out as if there wasn't a stopper on it; glides onto the lips somewhat smoothly and leave a pigment-rich colour. I find that Creeper is streaky and will take about two coats to make it even and one colour. Both Creeper and Friday had minimal transfer even after eating. Creeper does stain my lips a lot though and it will define tally stain someone will paler skin than me. The formula is a little dry but nothing a little lip balm underneath won’t fix. Like I do with all matte lipsticks, prep carefully because this will cling on every dry bit of skin on you!. I always exfoliate my lips with a sugar scrub and wear a heavy lip balm on my lips prior to application. I will say that as they dry, it separates. 


Overall, I love everything I picked up and highly recommend you give Colourpop a try. I will say that the shadows online on the Colourpop website are not always true to colour; some were a little darker and a little lighter than I thought.

hope you liked this little review, let me know if you've tried things from colourpop!

Lots of Love,

Landrine x


No comments:

Post a Comment