MORPHE X KATHLEEN LIGHTS COLLAB

I won't lie to you, I didn't know KathleenLights had a palette with Morphe so this came as a total surprise to me when I was looking on the Morphe site. It might not be drugstore, but I find Morphe to be very affordable and their products aren't half bad either.



I ordered this palette on beauty bay which is a site sort of like Sephora except smaller over here in the UK. I got free shipping because I had a couple of other things in my cart, orders over £15 gets you free shipping!


The palette is Limited Edition (however its in stock right now if you want to get it! It's sold out on the Beautybay sight and you can't actually get it up). It retails for £13 ($14.99) and contains 15 shadows. Unlike previous Morphe palettes, this palette is made out of cardboard and not plastic which I actually prefer because it looks ever so slightly nicer and feels nicer too AND not to mention doesn't have that cheap plasticky feel all the other palettes do. Baring that in mind, I did find myself saying "how am I going to travel with this palette because its made of cardboard and can open at anytime?"  


The texture ranges from mattes, to one with just subtle shimmer, to full on shimmery/frosty. There is a brow bone shade and a few transition shades which I appreciate, which is a bonus, and there is a black as well, its not the blackest black I've seen but I wasn't expecting anything amazon like the MAC Cosmetics shadow in Carbon. The shimmer shadows to drastically out-perform the mattes as I've seen in the larger Morphe palettes such as the 35O or the 35F and even the slightly smaller palettes such as Morphe 12S palette . The mattes are too powdery and have a lot of kick-up but I didn't find that they had much fall out which is a definite bonus. Some mattes are definitely better than others. The shimmer shades are very pigmented and feel very butter and smooth to touch and look amazing when used with fix plus or another fixing medium.

Watch the video review here.


I hope you enjoyed my review.

Much love, 
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment